Yes. Abortion is legal in Ohio with the following restrictions, which are in place for the protection and safety of women:
- Women must receive state-mandated counseling at least 24 hours prior to having an abortion procedure.
- FDA protocols must be followed when providing a chemical abortion (aka the abortion pill)
- Parental consent is required for minors prior to an abortion
- Women must receive an ultrasound prior to an abortion
- Abortion is currently legal in Ohio up to 20 weeks. A temporary restraining order has been issued on the “Heartbeat Law” which was previously passed in Ohio and restricted abortion access once a fetal heartbeat is detected.