Yes. Abortion is legal in Ohio with the following restrictions, which are in place for the protection and safety of women:
- Women must receive state-mandated counseling at least 24 hours prior to having an abortion procedure.
- FDA protocols must be followed when providing a medical abortion
- Parental consent is required for minors prior to an abortion
- Women must receive an ultrasound prior to an abortion
- Abortions after a heartbeat is detected by the abortion provider are only available when the woman’s life is in danger.