Each person’s experience with abortion is unique, including how they process the physical and emotional recovery of the abortion after the fact. Some are surprised by the strong emotions they experience that may make it difficult to achieve the healing they desire.
In addition to women who have had abortions, individuals who were part of the decision, or who know someone who has had an abortion may be impacted emotionally as well.
If this describes you, there is hope. The right support system and recovery sessions can help you understand your feelings. Our post-abortion support program can help you find peace so that you can move forward with your healing.
According to the Guttmacher Institute, about 1 in 4 women in the United States will have an abortion by the age of 45. If this is your story, or the story of someone you know, you may be familiar with the difficult emotions that can come about unexpectedly.
This list of questions can help you evaluate if a past abortion decision is impacting your life today:
- Are you reluctant to talk about your abortion?
- Do you feel guilt, anger, or sorrow when discussing your own abortion?
- Do you ever feel resentment or anger toward people involved in your abortion decision?
- Do you experience excessive anxiety, anger, or sadness?
- Do you ever or often think of your life in terms of before and after the abortion?
- Have you ever have nightmares or flashbacks about your abortion?
- Have you ever used drugs or alcohol as coping mechanisms since your abortion?
- Have you developed an eating disorder after your abortion?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, post-abortion support could be incredibly helpful for you. We offer a safe and supportive environment in which to process your feelings and struggles related to your abortion. We will never share your information with anyone. Our goal is to offer the support you need to find peace.
Please reach out to learn more about our post-abortion support and to find the healing you deserve.